It's been nearly 14 months since I last posted any progress on my 71 RS, it's now finally happening. My original post is lost in the bowls of general discussion due to the big issue with this site many months ago. It was very frustrating having to put all plans on hold with the downturn here in WA, for various reasons I can literally say I've had 3 jobs in 3 months through the course of the last 14 months, something every good resume should detail, NOT!
I now have some stability with work so I've pulled the car out and she's off to Rowe & Sons for a makeover. She's getting basically a whole new bum except for one outer quarter, deep tubs from DSE, new door skins, modified front inner guards and clean firewall.
During the downtme I've had plenty of time to comtemplate the direction to head down, I've decided to let the big block go along with all the bits i've collected, purchase an LS2 and six speed manual. I've revisited my engineering application and actually read the standards in regard to suspension, wheels, rims, wheel track etc. My finding say WA licencing have got it fairly well tied up when it comes to wheel selection. I decided to get the string line out and start measuring everything, finding info on line and remeasuring everything again and again, i've basically drawn the front and rear of the car in autocad, from this i can quickly figure out exactly what is allowed and what will fit.
Based on my findings and subsequent engineering approval I've purchased a set of Forgeline wheels via Jay at Speedtech, 18 x 11s fitted with 285's in the rear which still maintain the original wheel track, fronts are yet to be decided, hoping for at least a 18 x 9. Other goodies from Jay include full suspension package including complete Trutrac 9 inch, Baer 6P brakes with 14inch rotors and new 12.7:1 steering box. I'll post some more pic's as I visit R&S's.