Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Build Ups
User Name
Password

Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM

Name: stuart
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutsteve View Post
Nice to see some progress Stuart..
What was the reason the 1/4s were not unpicked at the factory 1/4-roof seam?
Its been slow but trying to do as much myself as well to try and save money . I asked the panel beater the same question about the 1/4 he said he can get the join there to be perfect without having to melt the lead and unpick the original join . I think this was just easier for him . I trusted him and so far the quality of work has been very good after he butt welded the joint it has come up really nice .

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Name: Steve
Yeah, they were lead filled from factory. I wanted to have mine lead filled again after my new 1/4s were fitted and was basically talked out of it because of how hard lead filling is to do these days (find experinced people and EPA getting in the way of obtaining quality lead -apparently), the cost involved and that the modern fillers are of extremely high quality.
This was my panel guy talking, and although I wanted to insist on doing it at per OE, I had to respect his knowledge and experience. I don't think he would have minded taking more money off me, but instead he chose his honest advice.

What brand 1/4s? Were they an easy fit?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutsteve View Post
Yeah, they were lead filled from factory. I wanted to have mine lead filled again after my new 1/4s were fitted and was basically talked out of it because of how hard lead filling is to do these days (find experinced people and EPA getting in the way of obtaining quality lead -apparently), the cost involved and that the modern fillers are of extremely high quality.
This was my panel guy talking, and although I wanted to insist on doing it at per OE, I had to respect his knowledge and experience. I don't think he would have minded taking more money off me, but instead he chose his honest advice.

What brand 1/4s? Were they an easy fit?
My panel beater works on all new cars mainly and thats apparently how they do them so i just had to trust him bit like you. All the panels were goodmark they did need alot of work to get them to fit correctly one of the hardest bit was the inner wheel wheels all up about 80 hours work on the rear including straiting the rear rails .

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Some pics of the DSE suspension and steering really good quality gear . Sold the leaf springs and now have orded a Chris Alston G Link and fabricated 9 inch moser centre and axles, the ausie dollar was to good to ignor .
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM

69 resto

one of the primed chassis Name:  P7240190.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  191.3 KB

Name:  PA080248.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  203.4 KBas well
Old 12-01-2011, 08:01 AM

Name: Nate
Looks good mate... The ball is rolling

Must give up women... Well more than 1 anyway.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18htan View Post
Looks good mate... The ball is rolling
Thanks Nate was planning on it been finished by end of the year but i dont think that is going to happen
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 PM

9 inch colour

Got my fabricated 9 inch and getting it painted.Undiceded weather to paint it a silvery type colour or black would love some feed back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_8130.jpg (133.5 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg gbillet%20(4)%20(medium).jpg (70.2 KB, 248 views)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Name: Rob
Silver for me, If you got it flaunt it I say.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:24 AM

Name: Lyndsay
I'm going with a silver/grey for mine, just enough that it can be seen, but not scream look at me. Should match the rest of the g-link too
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM

I am leaning towards silver went to the painters yesterday to try and find a nice silver but so many to choose from .Have you received your gear yet lyndsay
Old 05-06-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Got my fabricated 9 inch and getting it painted.Undiceded weather to paint it a silvery type colour or black would love some feed back.
The silver shows the detail of the rear end structure but I have never been one for decorative undercarriage.
I prefer black for under car and keep the bling for wheels/trim/paint . Just my opinion

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 05-06-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev68 View Post
The silver shows the detail of the rear end structure but I have never been one for decorative undercarriage.
I prefer black for under car and keep the bling for wheels/trim/paint . Just my opinion
Me too. Nothing worse than being distracted from a nice body by some abstract thing under a car. No prizes for me suggesting OE GM Satin Black.

I guess it all depends on whether you want to attract attention to it, in order to show it off. If it's Pro Touring, bright silver!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:38 AM

Name: Greg
Go silver / grey Stuart, O no wait, it's got to be OEM, don't put the wheels or anything else on Stuart, the OEM god has spoken.

Greg
Old 05-06-2011, 11:56 AM

Gods don't make suggestions.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Name: Lyndsay
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
I am leaning towards silver went to the painters yesterday to try and find a nice silver but so many to choose from .Have you received your gear yet lyndsay
My vote is still for a silver Grey mate, a little more grey than silver for me - thinking about going the same way for the subframe as well - still not sure.

I had a small set back with my diff, long story, but it seems CA ( Chris Alston ) had some issues with the manufacturing of the diff due to my existing brake package ( pre 2010 Baer bearing retainers with small bearings ) the diff is now ready, along with a new set of post 2010 bearing retainers and late model Torino bearings. A bit frustrating, but i'm getting there and this set up will be much stouter. I'll Hhopelly have all the gear early August

Cheers,

lyndsay