Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 AM

Name: wayne
Us only morning cruise krispy kreme, s.e melbourne

Find attached an invitation to any one wishing to attend a informal breakfast cruise get together. This is not an official club event.
Having returned recently from the USA, such breakfast meetings are very popular over there, and I believe such an event will provide a further excuss to get your Americian muscle cars out of the garage.
Having surveyed a lot of sites for such an event, I have now settled on Krispy Kreme Donuts in Narre Warren. I have picked this venue, as it is located just off the Monash freeway, making for good access no matter where you live in Melbourne.( you can travel from Melbourne airport to this venue with out traffic lights).
Lots of safe parking, good coffee and donuts to die for.
Any american cars are welcome to attend
See Ya There.

DATE: SATURDAY MAY 12 (THEN IT WILL BE THE FIRST SAT OF THE MONTH FROM THIS DATE FOLLOWING!)
TIME: 8am-10am

[IMG][/IMG]
CARS: All USA MADE Vehicles from any year made, vintage, classic, muscle, or new

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR MENTION THE CAR YOU WILL BRING ON THE DAY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg June cruise.jpg (214.2 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by ttigga11; 28-05-2012 at 05:57 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 AM

Usa car only ! Melbourne morning cruise

Find attached an invitation to any one wishing to attend a informal breakfast cruise get together. This is not an official club event.
Having returned recently from the USA, such breakfast meetings are very popular over there, and I believe such an event will provide a further excuss to get your Americian muscle cars out of the garage.
Having surveyed a lot of sites for such an event, I have now settled on Krispy Kreme Donuts in Narre Warren. I have picked this venue, as it is located just off the Monash freeway, making for good access no matter where you live in Melbourne.( you can travel from Melbourne airport to this venue with out traffic lights).
Lots of safe parking, good coffee and donuts to die for.
Any american cars are welcome to attend
See Ya There.

DATE: SATURDAY MAY 12 (THEN IT WILL BE THE FIRST SAT OF THE MONTH FROM THIS DATE FOLLOWING!)
TIME: 8am-10am
CARS: All USA MADE Vehicles from any year made, vintage, classic, muscle, or new

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR MENTION THE CAR YOU WILL BRING ON THE DAY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRIGGA'S AMERICAN CAR CRUISE - 12 of May - 2012.jpg (221.8 KB, 264 views)
Old 04-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Name: Dave
Hi Mate
Great idea, I'm in.

Only thing is have you checked with Krispy Kremes, There use to be a Breakfast meeting there every third Sunday organised by I think it was Southern Beaches Rod Club and I believe they were asked to move on. Maybe someone else can shed light on this.

It's now held in the main street of Berwick. Others here may be able to provide more info. Not trying to put a damper on your plans, I think it's a great idea. and so close to home for me. If you need any help just PM me Dave.

Sunday Breakfast 2nd Sunday each Month BP Eastlink Outbound

Last edited by DaveG; 04-05-2012 at 11:52 AM..
Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM

I think a good venue for this would be the BP Service Centre on Eastlink,

It's 1 km north of Wellington Road has KFC, Maccas McCafe, Coffe, even if they said yes but you can only use the back area Truck parking area , there would be room for Hundreds of cars. It's accessible from Everywhere The Eastern Fwy, The Monash Fwy , The Ringwood Bypass and the Mornington Peninsula Fwy all link to it and It's more central for the Western & Northern Suburbs. I was going to look into doing this myself, but i just dont have the time atm.

I met with a group of my Thunderbird mates there last Sunday for a cruise to Alexandra pub for lunch, the parking area is just huge.
If you dont go ahead with it, come the warmer months I might start making some enquiries
Anyway my 2c worth

DaveG

Old 05-05-2012, 04:34 PM

I'm up for it

Dave has a point though as the construction in that area has reduced parking in and around Krispy's to bugger all.

Anyway, I respect you for giving it a go either way so I will keep an eye on this string.

p.s. Moods Cafe in Berwick does an all you can eat Brekky Buffet that rivals big city Motels on Sunday mornings from 8am - 12 noon for $18.50 a head . Hot & cold with cereals, toast, bacon, 4 styles of egg, mushies, made to order omeletes thru to fruit ... great value for an indulgence once a month ? Car Park is across the road from it.

Gary Thorpe
Member - Oldsmobile Club of Australia
Two Oldsmobile's - a 1967 & a 71 Cutlass
This is a 1972 Cutlass "S"
Sth.Eastern suburbs, Melbourne, Vic.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldsmobilesDownUnder.com View Post
p.s. Moods Cafe in Berwick does an all you can eat Brekky Buffet that rivals big city Motels on Sunday mornings from 8am - 12 noon for $18.50 a head . Hot & cold with cereals, toast, bacon, 4 styles of egg, mushies, made to order omeletes thru to fruit ... great value for an indulgence once a month ? Car Park is across the road from it.
Oh yeah, Gary is spot on, Moods do a great breakfast, and that is a large Car park, ideal place for some nice cars to gather, Moods is all Glass so you can see a lot of the carpark from inside the Restaurant

Old 06-05-2012, 12:21 PM

meeting point

Great ideas guys , the eastlink idea could work in the future!, due to the size of the truck parking.

However It has been organised for Krispy Kreme car park for the first event.

We have locked this in as most the people we know attending are happy to go there. Maybe later in the year we can move it, if the number of cars increases.
However, first few will be held there, so your welcome to attend if you wish.

The idea of this meeting is not for this event to turn in to a car show!, we have implemented this concept to keep all the wankers away that have wrecked all the other car shows around Melbourne, knox cruise night , mornington, croydon etc. These events started off working well!, however the show was not restricted to the type of cars, i.e. commodores, falcons, even mini coopers. Due to this open event, it attracted as always the ********s who do burnouts and have no respect for other peoples pride and joy. This leads to the police being involved and then shuts it down for everyone!.

THIS EVENT IS A USA OF MORNING CRUISE!- which means only USA built cars are welcome to attend, it is designed to attract the responsible car owners to a medium size event each month to talk and view each others classics. By enforcing this rule, it will keep all the ********s away and keep the everyday drivers away from the event, we are ensuring not even Monaros, Toranas, Gt's etc are not welcome to attend, as this then leads to others showing up

I have returned from the USA and the concept works!, I attend many morning USA only cruises and they have no issues.

WE ARE ONLY ADVERTISING THIS EVENT THROUGH OUR CAR CLUB, THIS FORUM AND WORD OF MOUTH, as we want to ensure people with respect and classic USA cars only attends!.

Please feel free to spread the word about this event to all your friends with USA made cars!
We should have a good turnout next week!, as most of our club members plan to attend with their friends!

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Hi Garry, location is now set for the first event at krispy kreme, if the event get big we will consider moving later in the year, but the size of the car park is very suitable for the turnout we want.

Please feel free to forward this invite to your club members, as we would welcome the members to attend this event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldsmobilesDownUnder.com View Post
I'm up for it

Dave has a point though as the construction in that area has reduced parking in and around Krispy's to bugger all.

Anyway, I respect you for giving it a go either way so I will keep an eye on this string.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM

Good luck with the event.
I really liked the early morning "shows" like Donut Derelicts in the US.

You have to be keen to get to these shows as many cars have gone by 9am, but for the dedicated it's well worth a look.

Hope all goes well for your first event.

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 06-05-2012, 02:35 PM

As you have quoted me I will apologise if I have given you the false impression that I wanted a Car Show - no one mentioned anything about that - it's the last thing on my mind.

I wish you all the best with it and I hope to attend it where-ever it is.

oh yeah, I will be in the Oldsmobile Cutlass pictured... and a mate might bring my other one ...

What Club are you in ?

p.s. I think we would all award ONE MILLION $$ to whoever invents a wanker shield for these events ... sadly the area has a reputation and no matter how quiet we are about it ... well you know.

Gary Thorpe

Last edited by OldsmobilesDownUnder.com; 06-05-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 PM

Will try to get there W! C'mon BlackOut, mmmmm......donuts!!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:51 PM

cruise

hahah yer that would be good if somone invented a wanker shield to keep them away, look forward to checking out the Cutlass Garry!, are there any others in your olds club attending?, I love the style of them!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:55 PM

Saturday morning cruise

Look forward to seing you there, Charger looks great !, look forward to checking it out on Saturday!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Name: Mick
G'day Wayne
Will try and drop in either with the Camaro or truck.

Cheers Mick.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 PM

Name: Disco
Wayne, what sort of US car do you have?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttigga11 View Post
hahah yer that would be good if somone invented a wanker shield to keep them away, look forward to checking out the Cutlass Garry!, are there any others in your olds club attending?, I love the style of them!
Wayne,

The Olds Club is Aus wide so I can only send them your flyer for future cruises as getting the word around in short notice is not easy.

I have 2 x 1972 Cutlass' - the one pictured is 350ci and the other isn't as pretty but it's running a 425ci big block ...

I will do what I can to be there and see if my mate can take the other.

Gary Thorpe