Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Importing to Australia
User Name
Password

Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM

I have used "Automobile Inspections LLC" www.automobileinspections.com/
For $379 they sent a Buick Concourse judge out to inspect the car I was intending to purchase.
He spent 2 hours crawling over the car, put it up on a hoist, test drive etc etc.
I received a 6 page critical report and 80 digital photos.
All important stamped numbers and documents were checked and verified.
When the car arrived weeks later it was exactly as the inspection reported, not one blemish more or less.
They claim to have manufacturer specific experts in most US states and I was very impressed with the service I received.

Customs and Quarantine in Melbourne held the car for 3 weeks, Customs was quick Quarantine took a long time.

Last edited by BuickGSX455; 03-03-2011 at 01:33 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 21-04-2011, 12:13 PM

Name: Ash
Has anyone brought over a car recently, say since the new import rules came into effect and the car had exisitng modifications and to what extent?

I'm curious to see where customs/dotars draw a line in the sand with regards to modified vehicles and how "flexible" they are with this.

Anyone had any good stories? bad? Do share.
Old 21-04-2011, 12:53 PM

Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorypark View Post
This made it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1967-CHEVROLE...item415847cf76
So it's clearly a matter of who you know
Old 21-04-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anychevy View Post
This made it

Yeah saw that one Dave. I see in the ad though it was purchased in the USA three years ago which means he wouldn't have fallen under the new provisions.
Old 21-04-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I see in the ad though it was purchased in the USA three years ago .
That explains that but the law hasn't changed, it's just being enforced now.
Old 21-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Name: shane
Quote:
Has anyone brought over a car recently, say since the new import rules came into effect and the car had exisitng modifications and to what extent?

I'm curious to see where customs/dotars draw a line in the sand with regards to modified vehicles and how "flexible" they are with this.

I brought in a `70 corvette and a `67 camaro at the start of this year, the corvette was inspected for soil or plant material and the camaro wasn`t looked at, customs wanted proof that i had actually paid for it, had to provide bank transfer docs, really varies a lot, if you want i can give you details of a guy who is importing cars all the time, he would have more info
Old 21-04-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guffer View Post
I brought in a `70 corvette and a `67 camaro at the start of this year, the corvette was inspected for soil or plant material and the camaro wasn`t looked at, customs wanted proof that i had actually paid for it, had to provide bank transfer docs, really varies a lot, if you want i can give you details of a guy who is importing cars all the time, he would have more info
Yeah shoot us a pm shane if u wouldn't mind. May even know the guy.

Cheers.
Old 21-04-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:

Cheers.
PM sent
Old 22-04-2011, 09:34 AM

Name: bill
bought over a stock 69 bird last year - still had the plant matter all over it - even had a bucket load of california grass (unfortunately lawn grass) and newspaper shoved in under the body fillers - spiders with their webs - car took 4 days from docking to delivery to my house, so all this foreign matter came from the US.
bought a 68 bird in jan this year -just some hot chrome wheels and hi-rise with an edelbrock 4 barrel - so pretty much stock - no drama's really - except it took over 3 weeks from docking in Melbourne to arrive to my house again.
I've used AutoEzy in Bayswater the both time - they are OK, but I'm sure there's better around.
Old 22-04-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anychevy View Post
This made it
That Chevelle looks very much like another red 67 advertised a couple of years ago. The car had a pattern of faint lines painted into the red. It also had different wheels and the asking price was cheaper than this one. Can't remember much about the running gear but I wonder if it is the same car. Very tough!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Cheers.
Hi Shane could you also give me the details of a person who you recommend to use as i wish to import a 68 Camaro from the States all the info i can get would be appreciated Thank Ray
Old 09-05-2011, 03:07 PM

Australian Government, Department Of Transport with regard to Authority to Import have just announced their intention to impose a Camaro limit.
Following earlier importing disasters such as Cane Toads, Mustangs and New Zealanders the Aus Gov believe there is a clear and present danger of Camaros reaching a critical mass on the roads of Australia.
Perth has been mentioned as a zone of particular concern with estimates of Camaros in the wild exceeding 3 for every man, woman and child residing in the city itself.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGSX455 View Post
Perth has been mentioned as a zone of particular concern with estimates of Camaros in the wild exceeding 3 for every man, woman and child residing in the city itself.
Yes, it's a worry and now there's talk (behind closed doors) about culling the mustang population, so wild camaro's could be next
PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles) are up in arms
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Australian Government, Department Of Transport with regard to Authority to Import have just announced their intention to impose a Camaro limit.
Following earlier importing disasters such as Cane Toads, Mustangs and New Zealanders the Aus Gov believe there is a clear and present danger of Camaros reaching a critical mass on the roads of Australia.
I thought they were Mustangs

CAUTION. Will spontaneously talk cars
Old 09-05-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I understand there is an exemption for Dentists