Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum Importing to Australia
User Name
Password

Old 23-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Name: Matt
Classic USA Imports, anyone used them?

Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of shipping a 69 cutlass through Luke with Classic USA imports. Its a bit late to ask but has anyone used these guys before? If so how was the whole process?
So far its been good, he organised purchase and transport and it is currently en route to Sydney.
Thanks,

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 23-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Name: Jason
Yeah i used him to import my 69. Picked him because he also could organise transport in the US at a good rate. Was quite slow but the car arrived in one piece so thats the main thing. If you want more detail about the how it went, send me a pm.
Old 23-02-2014, 01:39 PM

Name: Allan
Yes luke is excellent and one of the cheapest around He imported my 69 and then door to door car carries to my place No hidden cost. He has depos on both coasts

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by steery View Post
Yeah i used him to import my 69. Picked him because he also could organise transport in the US at a good rate. Was quite slow but the car arrived in one piece so thats the main thing. If you want more detail about the how it went, send me a pm.
I haven,t seen any pic,s of the 69 here mate or did I miss them

Last edited by skyper; 23-02-2014 at 01:36 PM..
Old 23-02-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyper View Post
Yes luke is excellent and one of the cheapest around He imported my 69 and then door to door car carries to my place No hidden cost. He has depos on both coasts

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Thanks for the replys guys, good to hear some feedback.
Like i said hes been good so far was just after some reassurance.
Cheers,
Old 23-02-2014, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the replys guys, good to hear some feedback as reassurance. Car should hopefully be here on the 4th if all goes well.
Cheers,
Old 23-02-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyper View Post

No Allan you didn't miss them, just haven't got around to taking any good pics of it since it got here. I suppose I could post the ones I have up.
Old 13-04-2015, 07:58 PM

Name: Ray
classic USA imports

Hi guys I'm new by on. Here ...but I have used classic USA imports to bring in a pickup last year. ..a bit slow but otherwise all good ...in saying that I've just purchased another pickup and Luke will handle my shipping ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150409_132030.jpg (135.5 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150407_185450.jpg (105.8 KB, 209 views)
Old 14-04-2015, 01:02 AM

Name: Daniel
Classic USA imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrust View Post
Hi guys I'm new by on. Here ...but I have used classic USA imports to bring in a pickup last year. ..a bit slow but otherwise all good ...in saying that I've just purchased another pickup and Luke will handle my shipping ....
Hi Ray

I'm very new To the forum world and now since I've finally been able to get my dream car I've decided to join the bandwagon. One thing that caught my attention is the experience you and other members have had with classic USA imports.

I also am using Luke at CUI and finding him to be good upfront however a little slow at the back end, also not returning my calls or texts, did you go through the same experience, or having the same experience with your current import.

What could be interesting both our cars might just be sitting in California waiting on the same vessel if you haven't already received it since yesterday's post.

As this is my first and most probably last car import and as you would know a very nerve racking experience any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Dan
Old 14-04-2015, 02:15 PM

Lukes communication after you decide to use him is terrible, but you will get your car. It may not get here when he says it will, but it will show up in good condition eventually.
Old 14-04-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steery View Post
Lukes communication after you decide to use him is terrible, but you will get your car. It may not get here when he says it will, but it will show up in good condition eventually.
Hey steery,

Thanks for the quick response it's well and truely appreciated,
The info has put me a little more at ease and all I can do is be patient. It's like being a kid in a candy store and then being asked to wait before you can eat it.....hehehe

I just can't wait to get my Merc and start cruising the streets with like minded enthusiast

Thanks again
Dan
Old 14-04-2015, 04:24 PM

Name: Chris
Pics Dan, pics....lets see it.

We've all been there, the waiting is the hardest part. Just use the time to save up the $$$ that you know you will spend on it once it arrives.
Old 14-04-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
Pics Dan, pics....lets see it.

We've all been there, the waiting is the hardest part. Just use the time to save up the $$$ that you know you will spend on it once it arrives.
Chris

you couldn't be more on the money, pardon the pun
Good advice which will be surely noted....

Give me a minute I'm still working out how to attach images hmmm
Old 30-07-2015, 12:40 PM

Name: Luke
Hi Guys
Please remember Dan51 and rayrust that when your cars came in we were in the grips of massive port strikes in the USA. Everything was taken longer than it should.
See the links below. Some of the photos are amazing.

http://www.mpkelley.com/blog/2015/2/...and-long-beach

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/the-a...ade-kane-tomer

We did what we could to keep you informed of the delay.
Hope you're enjoying your vehicles.

Luke
Classic USA Imports
Old 30-07-2015, 09:48 PM

Name: Allan
Hello Luke .........my experience with you was excellent ......but it is hard when you are a first time importer and you want to ask a lot of questions.....and your emails don't get answered......i know you cop this from every one but you just have to answer the emails and bear it.......but you did everything for me and it all went smooth.......you got a 69 Camaro from Hicksville for me and sent it to Lismore/Goonellabah NSW........check out how far its come on my build site....this Christmas will be 4 years ....its nearly finished
Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 PM

Importing a Car from Canada

I'm looking to bring in a Baby Bird to WA (from Vancouver). Would Classic Car Imports still be recommended or does anyone have other suggestions for an import agent to get the car from Vancouver to Fremantle. I don't need the car to be mechanically checked but maybe collected from some location in Van and basically just processed through Canadian Customs and quarantine and then the customs bit at Fremantle. Thanks in advance