Go Back   US MUSCLE » US Muscle Forum » General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18-01-2019, 03:25 PM

Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
They told me I could send in some pics and receipts and they'd look at it, I'd rather they viewed it as would like to have mine increased substantially.

I'm just gonna wait till they're at a car show near me and they can view it there, that's after I repair the second clutch I've blown in recent times
How'd you blow the clutch Jim, that takes some effort...usually hard driving

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 18-01-2019, 03:41 PM

Name: Jim
Chris, blew 2 clutches in the same spot, at a similar time of day

Both clutches were the same, both folded the spring straps on the diaphragm. I have been driving high hp stick cars for years and never done this before.

I am moving to a different style this time, hopefully keep it together long enough to get a tune into my E85 carb
Old 18-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Chris, blew 2 clutches in the same spot, at a similar time of day

Both clutches were the same, both folded the spring straps on the diaphragm. I have been driving high hp stick cars for years and never done this before.

I am moving to a different style this time, hopefully keep it together long enough to get a tune into my E85 carb
I've only ever blown one clutch, it wasn't even a high powered car, but it was really hard driving through U turn windy roads uphill and downhill. For those in NSW it was Galston Gorge. I drove it every day really early morning to go get the train in Hornsby. I drove it hard, my record sign to sign from one side to the other was 7 mins. Driving at signed speed limits it was a 25-27 min drive. That killed my clutch...that was 1993 in a brand new Suzuki Swift GTi which I still rate as one of my fav all time cars. That thing was a little rocket ship.
Old 19-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Ended up signing up. Even the shannons guy said he doesn’t blame me lol.
Old 21-01-2019, 07:27 AM

Name: Deano
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
Re Enthusiast and who are they backed by, here's the answer I got when I asked the same question

Enthusiast - underwritten by Assetinsure Pty Ltd www.assetinsure.com.au - who are general insurers licensed in Australia by the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority [APRA], supported by the combined financial strength of global reinsurers at Germany.
Thanks for sharing Chris.
Old 21-01-2019, 11:23 AM

Name: Justin
Quote:
that was 1993 in a brand new Suzuki Swift GTi which I still rate as one of my fav all time cars. That thing was a little rocket ship.
Prolly why they have hardly changed them since then.. and it's still winning small car awards!
Old 06-04-2019, 08:54 PM

Anymore feedback on this subject?

I rang Shannon's a few weeks a go trying to organise a "viewing" at an event and the guy I spoke with said it would be easier to email pics and documentation........so I did, about a week ago but haven't heard back.

Prior to sending the info to them my missus rang to confirm address to send to, chick at the other end says "you do know that you can organise a viewing at an event"

I'll give the dicks another week and then I'll call.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:22 PM

Name: Geoff
I just got my renewal, I am with Enthusiast. Premium has gone down $10 compared to last year, same coverage!!
Old 08-04-2019, 07:58 AM

I got whacked from behind last Thu. So far claims process has been flawless. Will keep you posted.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:09 PM

Did I miss something? Are you up in Queersland now Chris?

Sorry to hear about the Kubic
Old 09-04-2019, 03:28 AM

Yeah moved up here 8 months ago Jim. Wife been wanting to do 20 years, I finally lost the battle. I'd prefer to still be down there. She'll be right, frame not bent so it will get sorted.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:13 PM

Good to hear how it turns out Chris.
Old 15-04-2019, 08:46 AM

Name: Deano
Look forward to updates here as about to start sniffing options (But very sorry to hear about incident & injuries )

Last edited by RAW454; 16-04-2019 at 09:38 AM..
Old 15-04-2019, 03:03 PM

So in under 9 days quote approved through preferred repairer. Constant updates in progress by SMS. In fact the slowest part was me getting parts quotes from the US. Awesome to deal with so far. I’m all approved to get the car fully repaired once I get back from a month of travels. This really couldn’t have been any easier. Other than the whiplash I’m still dealing with now. 12 days since accident. Still killer sore back neck and constant headache.
Old 15-04-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
So in under 9 days quote approved through preferred repairer. Constant updates in progress by SMS. In fact the slowest part was me getting parts quotes from the US. Awesome to deal with so far. I’m all approved to get the car fully repaired once I get back from a month of travels. This really couldn’t have been any easier. Other than the whiplash I’m still dealing with now. 12 days since accident. Still killer sore back neck and constant headache.
Good to hear about the repairs mate. I switched to them last time you mentioned them but was quietly apprehensive if they’d pay out properly. Hopefully you get rid of your injuries soon mate.