Go Back   US MUSCLE Buy Sell Trade Cars and Bikes For Sale
User Name
Password

Old 24-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Name: Glenn
Cool FOR SALE 1969 GT Ford Mustang sportsroof rare 1 of 1

Hi guys,
I have concourse winning and rare 1 of 1 1969 GT Ford Mustang sportsroof for sale located in Sydney currently on MOCA club plates.
certainly open to serious offers
Cheers Glenn 0411 232 047
Here is a link on the carsales website,
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=0&sdmvc=1[url]

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 24-01-2014, 03:00 PM

Name: Dave
Wow, that's stunning
Old 24-01-2014, 03:07 PM

Looks awesome good luck with the sale.
Old 24-01-2014, 06:40 PM

Thanks guys
This car recently underwent a meticulous frame off rotisserie restoration and has been restored to a factory concourse condition with potential to reach "gold" at a national level.
It has only attended 4 shows in Australia and has won silver at national and Gold in 2012 and Silver in 2010 at NSW state level concourse,Best ford and Top 5 muscle car at other shows.
This Mustang GT is not only stunning , but also very rare as only 5396 GT's were produced in 1969 with this being 1 of 1 with its factory option list.
This 1969 GT 351 4V is finished in correct Winter Blue with correct Clarion Knit Vinyl bucket seats,3:25
Rear axle ratio,rare 3 speed manual transmission,GT equipment group,GT rocker panel stripes,heavy
duty suspension,hood scoop with the black out bonnet option,chrome quad exhaust outlets,power
steering,red oxide undercarriage and correct factory stampings and markings.Minor detailing would be
required to reach "thoroughbred"-Gold condition.
It has 37210 miles , All inspections are welcome by appointment only.Sydney Car currently on Club
Plates(MOCA)
Car was recently awarded Gold at the NSW state concourse and in original class at the Mustang Owners Club Of Australia Easter National concours Sunday 8th April 2012 Newcastle foreshore(Wharf road) it achieved Silver.Call Glenn 0411 232 047
Old 24-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Name: Peter
Is this the one advertised for the past two or more years for $125k?
Old 25-01-2014, 09:07 AM

Name: Frank
Yeah, pretty sure this has been on the market for a long time.
Saw it for sale in Melb about 2 years ago. I guess it must have been sold to someone in Sydney and on the market again.

Not sure why as it looked stunning in person.

1970 Ford Mustang Sportsroof 302W/Toploader
1970 EL Camino 350/TH350 - The FrankenUte
2006 Jeep SRT8 - Big dumb US fun.
2007 FPV Force6 - Wife's car
Old 25-01-2014, 11:12 AM

Name: Ross
Yep same car still big bucks you can get a Boss for that money
Old 27-01-2014, 04:28 PM

Hi guys,This Mustang was personally imported by me in 2009 and has always resided in Sydney.I am the only Australian owner and third owner from new.Yes it was advertised previously on carsales but too many time wasters.Its insured for 95000, I'm not desperate to sell as you could never build and replace a car like this for under 100k and these cars still pull 70-80k in the states in this condition.Sadly it's a car that gets limited use as i have 4 other muscle cars keeping me busy,and being on club plates this always restricts my lifestyle.
Old 27-01-2014, 04:43 PM

Name: Jim
Hey look, It's got one of those Camero "caution fan" stickers
Old 28-01-2014, 08:39 AM

Hmmm ... looks exactly like a 69 that was for sale in Melb .. must be a twin !

Good luck with the sale - stunning car !

Old 28-01-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGSX455 View Post
Is the 1 of 1 claim pushing it a bit?
Is any car really 1 of 1 because it might have a rear window demister and a factory tissue box?
nope ! not pushing it. Marti report confirms it is 1 of 1 ordered with AM/FM stereo radio.

so yep - 1 of 1 .

Old 28-01-2014, 11:22 AM

Hi Frank351,My car is factory GT i think the car you had seen could have been a Mach 1 but i may stand corrected.To my knowledge i'm not aware of any Winterblue GT's in this country and there are very few Mach 1's as well painted "winterblue".If you are aware i would love to find out more information as i'm trying to put a registry list together of GT's in OZ.
Old 28-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGSX455 View Post
So, of the 34,855 Sportroofs with a 351-4V, how many were Winter Blue, High back woven black buckets , AM/FM radio and a 4 speed ??

I'm not questioning that it really is 1 of 1, I'm wondering how valuable the 1 of 1-ness is when the rare elements are either unimportant or worse, undesirable?

Given the option wouldn't most Mustang hunters prefer a 4 speed or even an Auto over a 3 speed??
Nobody buys a muscle-car because it's the only one ever made with an AM/FM radio!

It's an awesome car in spectacular condition and perhaps I am being a little mean but I see a lot of cars at shows with their "Show Signs" out front claiming 1of 1 or 1 of very few and ultimately many of them aren't that special, a couple of unusual options that in isolation mean virtually nothing and you have a mega-rare, only one in the world car.
It is what it is ... a 1 of 1 as documented by the most respected authority of Mustangs - Kevin Marti. how desirable or what it's worth is up to the buyer.

In this case I don't think the seller is adding a premium because the car is 1 of 1 with an AM/FM radio.

I saw on that show 'Dream Car Garage' that some Mopars painted in Panther Pink are now commanding a $20k premium now because hardly any were ordered new. You might ask the same question - why would you pay an extra $20k for a pink muscle car ? Well people are doing just that !

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarstudio View Post
Hi Frank351,My car is factory GT i think the car you had seen could have been a Mach 1 but i may stand corrected.To my knowledge i'm not aware of any Winterblue GT's in this country and there are very few Mach 1's as well painted "winterblue".If you are aware i would love to find out more information as i'm trying to put a registry list together of GT's in OZ.
Hi Glenn.

I remember the car I saw well - it was at a MOCA concours. Definitely WinterBlue. Not sure if a GT or Mach1. Could have been a 302 also ...

I may be able to find a pic. Was a concours car like yours around the same price range or more. I know the GTs are rare as they stopped producing them in favour of the Mach1s.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Hey Glenn.

I found some pics I took of the car I saw :

not the same car. Sorry Glenn. I think that was back in 2009.
Is that car winter blue ?

Old 28-01-2014, 01:54 PM

Hi Frank,
That's a pretty neat car,thanks for sourcing the picture.I do love the simple clean lines with the spoiler delete option and hubcaps.The car pictured is definitely not mine as i have the black out bonnet option and my rear valance is not painted black.It is "winterblue" in colour and i would guess its not a GT since it has Mach 1 mirrors and the GT petrol pop open cap is missing.The 1969 GT is an exact body shape to the 69 Mach 1,just some subtle styling differences.
Basically the GT was released prior to the Mach 1 and as such due to poor sales in 68/69 the Mach 1 was introduced.

The GT option in 69 was unusual, as it really didn't include much at all, so you had to option everything from there. Yes, the slats, spoilers etc were options, but not many had them.This car has the rarest part of all on the 69 GT's, the gas cap. They are very hard to find now. So much so that i have seen them for sale on ebay for 3K+ alone.

To prove the car is a genuine GT,i have the build sheet and a full Marti report included in the sale. The body buck tag next to the right hood hinge says GT equipment group, but thats not a sure way to tell as early 69 Mach-1's had GT on that tag as Ford were going to call them 'Super GT's' before naming them Mach-1's.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:50 PM

Hi all,This car is still for sale ,all offers over 70k will be considered.
I would also consider a trade on a 1968 Ford Mustang fastback Bullitt clone 390 preferred if anybody knows of a good one for sale.
Cheers Glenn 0411 232 047