Go Back   US MUSCLE Buy Sell Trade Cars and Bikes For Sale
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2013, 08:46 PM

Name: Mitch
SOLD: 68 Camaro Unfinished project for sale in Perth

Hi all...

Unfortunately I have decided to test the market and see if anyone is interested in an unfinished project, namely my 68 Camaro 'Orange Blood'?

I've had it since 2008 and haven't touched it for years besides pushing it into storage and then flying across to WA, purchasing a trailer and 4x4 sight unseen and then driving back across to NSW with it on the back.

Anyhow, the car is complete but in pieces. It was a driver and was registered in QLD when I purchased it. It has the LO2 Blue Plate from QLD for compliance but hasn't been rego'd since. I also have the import papers.

There is plenty of info on here in my build thread about the build up till it's current position, however the photo links have mostly died so if you click this link you will see all of the pics taken during the build up. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/332072...vrolet-camaro/

The car is currently stored in my garage in Muswellbrook and can be viewed at anytime.

Details:

1968 Camaro Deluxe 350 with a T350

Motor has been worked mildly and has fuelie heads, Edelbrock manifold and carby. Lots of new alloy billet bits including alternator, pulleys, brackets, rocker covers, air cleaner etc. Engine is sitting on an engine stand. New high torque starter motor is also included. 1x set of headers are included and 2x different exhausts are also included. 1x of these systems was off Baz's 6T8 big block, the original stuff was crap and was scrapped

Trans is a broken T350 with a 3000RPM (from memory) stallie. Broke the tranny on the last drive and it will only drive in 3rd so it's safe to say it requires a rebuild or replacement

The diff is a 10 bolt and didn't produce any noises or issues. Tramp rods are fitted and chassis connectors are also welded in place. A brand new pair of chassis connectors (bolt in versions) are also included

Body wise it has brand new panel and paint with the work done by McAuliffe & Stoltze Panel Shop in Bayswater. Plenty of new bits were fitted to replace rusty sections and the car now is rust free, straight and looks beaut in Ford's Blood Orange 2 pack paint with plenty of clear. It still has not been wet sanded or buffed and is straight off the gun. Front lower valance panels are supplied and painted but not re-fitted. 2" Steel Cowl hood is also fitted

This is how it currently sits although it's in a standard garage now:

It has a brand new front windscreen fitted, rear has been re-fitted. All other glass is included but is the original gear. All interior is there and in half decent knick however it is maroon velour and I had intended to retrim it. The door cards etc are the Deluxe versions so have the moulded look but I had also intended on replacing these for new ones. Hood lining is still fitted and the dash pad is in good knick

All body mount rubbers are brand new along with the suspension bushes (some still require fitting). Drums are all reconditioned on the front as are the brake shoes, hoses and wheel cylinders. Rears are untouched as yet. New handbrake cables also included

Wheels are COYS C5 alloys with 18's front and 20's rear. Brand new tyres for the rear come with the car and are unfitted

The stainless trims are all there however require cleaning and polishing. Bumpers are complete but require reconditioning to be perfect

There is a box of new bits and pieces like smaller trim parts etc that I can't recall exactly whats there

I will add bits to this thread as I remember what is there. I have put plenty of time and money into the car that I won't recover by selling it in pieces but I'm over it and it's just a waste sitting there doing nothing

Here are a couple more pics:

What it did look like and how it sat:

Interior:

Here is a little vid of it running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB7--WIzuRE

PM me if you are interested with your phone number and i'll give you a call.

I'm after offers over $20,000 and now want it gone!

Cheers

Mitch

Last edited by AUSCAMARO; 28-01-2015 at 09:33 PM..

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 16-06-2013, 09:15 PM

Name: Albert
Great to hear things are going well with you Mitch. Will keep my ear to the ground for anyone looking for a Camaro.
Old 17-06-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiecamaroowner View Post
Great to hear things are going well with you Mitch. Will keep my ear to the ground for anyone looking for a Camaro.
Thanks Albert.

How is yours coming along?
Old 12-08-2013, 07:43 AM

Riteo... Our house is almost complete in NSW and there is a 3x car garage that needs to be filled... So I've decided to remove it from sale and ship it across from WA.

Looking at freight options now...
Old 12-08-2013, 09:23 AM

Name: Alan
Great to hear that it will be finished by the person that envisaged it from the start..
Another Gen 1 headed for the road in NSW

1969 Camaro Z28 TUF69Z
1964 F100 SWB 64 EFFY

AAA-Photography.smugmug.com
Old 12-08-2013, 09:44 AM

Name: Deano
Nice one Mitch. Good to hear from you and best of luck with the next steps to completing the picture
Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW454 View Post
Nice one Mitch. Good to hear from you and best of luck with the next steps to completing the picture
Thanks guys...

Next steps will be building a shed again before doing to much to it.. I think I may have been in this situation before... all seems very familiar LOL
Old 12-08-2013, 10:04 AM

good luck bro

Dont hate just cuz mine is newer
Old 12-08-2013, 10:10 AM

Thanks Rex, can't believe your selling the Ponti

All the best with your move etc
Old 28-01-2015, 09:20 PM

Well folks... She's gotta go!

I've decided that i'm not going to keep looking at it and do nothing with it..

It's now located in the Hunter Valley in NSW so if anyone in the East is keen for an unfinished project then this is for you!

Offers over $20K will be considered. My loss will be your gain and it will be going on eBay shortly...

Mitch
Old 29-01-2015, 06:45 AM

Still all the same details as the original sale post Mitch?
Old 29-01-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevguy View Post
Still all the same details as the original sale post Mitch?
Hey there Ken,

I updated the original post details with some more up to date comments/info. Just can't work out how to change the title LOL

The only thing that has changed is that i've had the rear windscreen installed. Not a bad effort in about 6 years aye.... Bloody embarissing!

Mitch
Old 29-01-2015, 10:57 PM

Name: Greg
Good luck with the sale Mitch.
Old 31-01-2015, 08:30 AM

Name: Don
i have pm you very keen
Old 03-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonner View Post
Good luck with the sale Mitch.
Thanks Greg... Bit of a bummer but you get that

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy427 View Post
i have pm you very keen
Phone number sent.. Talk to you tonight..