Go Back   US MUSCLE Buy Sell Trade Cars and Bikes For Sale
User Name
Password

Old 17-02-2012, 03:44 AM

Name: Mack
Send a message via Skype™ to AussieImpala
1968 Impala Fastback for sale

Hi guys, just letting you all know due to University and work I cannot put the time into my 68 Impala Fastback and she is currently for sale. She is a very solid resto grade car and currently listed on ebay. If anyone is interested they can view the ad here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320850543...84.m1555.l2649 or can call me on 0430509490 , I am accepting any reasonable offers.

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 17-02-2012, 07:18 AM

Name: Frank
$0.99 starting bid !

great value !

sorry to hear you need to sell.

Good luck

Cheers,
Frank.

1970 Ford Mustang Sportsroof 302W/Toploader
1970 EL Camino 350/TH350 - The FrankenUte
2006 Jeep SRT8 - Big dumb US fun.
2007 FPV Force6 - Wife's car
Old 17-02-2012, 07:24 AM

Name: Deano
Excellent description in the eBay ad Mack, but surely she's worth taking some decent photos of?

Think, If you were a potential buyer, what would you want to see in the ad - surely the whole car for starters (without cover) and engine that doesn't need wd40 Not to mention interior condition.

Just my 2c. Good luck!

Last edited by RAW454; 17-02-2012 at 07:26 AM..
Old 17-02-2012, 10:23 AM

I have to agree with Deano.

Or why not pay someone $50-100 to take some nice shots ?

Worth it in the long run.

Cheers,
Frank.

Old 17-02-2012, 11:37 AM

Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW454 View Post
Excellent description in the eBay ad Mack, but surely she's worth taking some decent photos of?
Agreed, close it up, give it a good wash and take some decent photos of it.
Old 18-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Guys guys I did even better, I made a full video tour of it. I will be back in the game again soon though, for now though I can stay active on the forum as I own an srt8 Chrysler 300c and in my book that counts as US muscle. Thanks again guys

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

I really did want to take nice pictures but I dont own a good camera at the moment so thats why i made a closeup tour video.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Any ideas on what classic i should get into next?, American of course, I am feeling a 67 Mercury cougar
Old 18-02-2012, 12:13 PM

67 Cougar is cool & something a bit different.

Lots of cool cars out there ... Olds, Buicks etc. ... Something a bit different.

Cheers,
Frank.

Old 18-02-2012, 12:33 PM

yea mate nothing wrong with being diffrent if i was shopping for a muscle car again id wanna hunt down a 304 v8 amc gremlin i dont know why i like these lil guys
Attachment 13300

Last edited by Andy71; 13-01-2013 at 10:45 PM..
Old 18-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Name: Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieImpala View Post

[/COLOR]Any ideas on what classic i should get into next?, American of course, I am feeling a 67 Mercury cougar
If you need advice on what car to "get into", chances are once you have it, it'll be for sale within a couple months - just like your Impala.

Not trying to be a douche, just something to ponder.

There's nothing wrong with that Impala, and any other car you buy will be no different - unless you come across a heap of money to buy something you don't need to do anything to.

My advice - if you feel like hearing any - just do the absolute necessities to get it registered. Once it's registered and you can actually drive it around, you may change your tune. If not, you'll get more money for a car someone can drive home rather than trailer. Plenty of people would prefer something they can jump into and drive straight away and fix as they go, rather than dive into some huge nut & bolt resto that could easily take a decade and $50,000 before they even get to take it for a cruise.

Plenty of folks buy a car with the plans of restoring it only to give up once they realise how daunting a task it is, so they off-load it before putting in any real effort. Problem is, in a lot of cases, the car doesn't need restoring. Just like your Impala. Would it look great with a new paint job? Sure. Does it need one? No. Way too many people put so much emphasis on having a bright shiny newly restored toy that they can show-off and say "look at me", they fail to notice the awesome car that have sitting in front of them. Something to be driven and enjoyed. It's a 68 Impala Fastback - It'll still be more awesome than 99.7% of the cars you pass on the road - regardless of its condition.

Get it registered and drive it. You'll love it.

"AngeliCar" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy Impala

"Wrongside" - My factory RHD 1967 Chevy C10

Show Me How To Live

Last edited by Russ; Tomorrow at 25:73 PM...
Old 18-02-2012, 08:59 PM

Name: Gazza
Some good points there Russ.

I went and looked at a bel air for sale not to long ago the guy got it 2 yrs ago this thing still was in bits and half primed.

Even he said the above to me do whatever to get it on the road and drive it otherwise you'll end up like me a car worth nothing and in bits.

I should of done that for mine quick fix and drive. I'd have a wicked smile 24/7! I'm getting close though!
Old 19-02-2012, 11:21 AM

No harm no foul russ, good advice. I agree alot of people buy projects and don't finish them, myself included. I admit I logistically did not think this out. I saw it and wanted it and bought it without even thinking. Still want to do it but am moving houses so it has to be sold. Next time I do intend to save myself the trouble and just buy fully restored aswell, I think $40k could land me a nice Imp or cougar. As for the AMC gremlin I heard tales of them being hit from the rear and blowing up but I do think they are cool.
Old 19-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieImpala View Post
I think $40k could land me a nice Imp or cougar. As for the AMC gremlin I heard tales of them being hit from the rear and blowing up but I do think they are cool.
I agree with Russ, my first love was a 65 impala coupe, it wasn't pretty when I bought it, but it was a great cruiser and I had alot of laughs in it.
But 40K does go along way at the moment, there's lots to choose from in that market.
And I think you maybe thinking of the Ford Pinto with the gas tank thing
Old 20-02-2012, 06:39 AM

Ah yeh, thats it, the Pinto. Yes I have been saving away for awhile. I just love classics and when I see something nice i can't control myself and my caution goes to the wind lol.