Go Back   US MUSCLE US Muscle Forum General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Name: Justin
AGI-Precision Bolt-In roll cages

Hey gents,

After recent incidents in local racing events it's got me thinking about bolt-in roll cages, and yep, have mentioned bolt-in as I originally had weld-in and it was not street friendly at all - ideally I'd love to be able to bolt in for a track day/event but then return to family friendly street cruiser afterwards

Denton put me onto AGI Precision cages, as they are CAMS/FIA approved.
Has anyone had any experience with this mob?

Whilst they don't currently have a bolt-in kit for 1st Gens, apparently they'd be willing to cut a deal if enough guys were interested... (and erm, someone willing to donor their car for templating in Melbourne )

Here's the kit for a Mustang, pretty nice looking unit and well priced in comparison to having to import a Tiger Cage or similar... http://www.agi-precision.com.au/prod...tang-fastback/

Or has anyone used anyone else with great results?

Alternately, my car is absolutely stripped internally at the moment, so there's a possibility to run a close fit weld in - but I still worry about a head-banging experience (and not my usual heavy metal tunes either )

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Thanks Den for pointing out my flaws discretely - AGI are in Sydney

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:20 PM

Name: Sean
What incidents could you possibly be talking about?

No experience with AGI, however sign me up for some sort of cage, either bolt in or close fitting weld in. I like the fact that AGI cages have ANDRA Certification. Tiger cages don't have any certification.

Also have a 100% stripped body on casters as a donor car if required too.

11.015 @ 111mph

Last edited by seanj; 07-11-2017 at 04:27 PM..
Old 07-11-2017, 08:30 PM

I looked at those Tiger Cages and thought they only looked good and that was it.

Definitely go for those cams approved cages I think. I had a full 12 point bolt in cage that I could remove for that reason, although it was a bitch to get in and out, and only did it once. The car was a fully prepped rally car by the time I finished it and competed in Cams events. Incidentally, I hit a tree sideways. The cage was well worth the investment. The car was banana-d as it hit right on the front of the door. I had intrusion bars so my legs were fine. Floor was crushed to half the width.

Why not just get a half cage with bolt in intrusions and rear cross brace? make it legal with bolt in illegals/safety upgrades.

I could be a possible candidate, but I'm miles away and am spending money on all sorts of other ****. Keen too see how many people are interested though. Can they make them 'engineering approved'?

Anther thing, do the rear tubes go through the boot to the rear subframe?
Old 09-11-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanj View Post
What incidents could you possibly be talking about?

No experience with AGI, however sign me up for some sort of cage, either bolt in or close fitting weld in. I like the fact that AGI cages have ANDRA Certification. Tiger cages don't have any certification.

Also have a 100% stripped body on casters as a donor car if required too.
I reckon I'll be around to see what may be do-able - and I agree that a locally certified cage carries more weight - not ruling out any local guys either though

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
Why not just get a half cage with bolt in intrusions and rear cross brace? make it legal with bolt in illegals/safety upgrades.

I could be a possible candidate, but I'm miles away and am spending money on all sorts of other ****. Keen too see how many people are interested though. Can they make them 'engineering approved'?

Anther thing, do the rear tubes go through the boot to the rear subframe?
Half cage is still a possibility with bolt-ins

Not sure re: rear tubes going through to the boot, it'd have to offer more support if they did though.
(I still have some remaining bars running from rear shelf to boot floor - they don't really intrude too much down there )
Old 10-11-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 69 View Post
I reckon I'll be around to see what may be do-able - and I agree that a locally certified cage carries more weight - not ruling out any local guys either though

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Half cage is still a possibility with bolt-ins

Not sure re: rear tubes going through to the boot, it'd have to offer more support if they did though.
(I still have some remaining bars running from rear shelf to boot floor - they don't really intrude too much down there )
if you are going to run andra hold onto your sanity and wallet . they have been an absolute **** fight to deal with for me . I have a 10.00 cage built and teched yet now they refuse to homologate or repass when due for retech , every 2 years . Even though I have in writing from their technical dept oking fittings and like I said they have already passed it as fit . They will only say it must meet newer rules that were not written when cage built and teched . Cage is welded 4 point with removable intrusion and taxi bar
Fark they are ****ting me

Tex
Old 13-11-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex013 View Post
if you are going to run andra hold onto your sanity and wallet . they have been an absolute **** fight to deal with for me . I have a 10.00 cage built and teched yet now they refuse to homologate or repass when due for retech , every 2 years . Even though I have in writing from their technical dept oking fittings and like I said they have already passed it as fit . They will only say it must meet newer rules that were not written when cage built and teched . Cage is welded 4 point with removable intrusion and taxi bar
Fark they are ****ting me

Tex
Geez thats a tough break Tex,

I'm probably aiming more at CAMS than ANDRA - but would be nice to know if they could qualify for both - and be future proofed so as not to be dicked around like the rigmarole you've just copped, which is not cool

I don't actually care if its CAMS/ANDRA approved really as its for my own safety when my ambition exceeds my ability on the track - BUT - I figure it must have a minimum build standard which would help me sleep at night
Old 14-11-2017, 09:05 AM

Name: Adam
I have bought an AGI cage before and it comes with a serial number so it can be registered to the car. it went in easy enough and the finish and quality are good.
I know CAMS recognise them but as with most oranisations they are changing all the time and so always worth speaking to an official to see what they have in the pipeline as I know that in some of the motorsport that I am currently in, they are not allowed for competition even though CAMS recognise them
Baer 6P
Old 14-11-2017, 09:23 AM

Good points, thanks Adam