Thread: Tow Car
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:09 PM

Name: Rowan
Fitted the engine this weekend and things went well got the extractors fitted as well. Started fitting up the accessories on the engine and was going great got power steering done and alternator and fan. Started fitting the radiator and the new shroud i brought from the US as the car never had one when i bought it. As per usual i brought an after market fan shroud and it did not fit, the fan was about the same size as the diameter in the shroud and there were no holes to bolt it up. Typical of after market (so called original items) i am going to have to cut and shut the shroud to make it fit the diameter of the fan and mount it correctly. Maybe i have a fan that is too big but it looks factory and we are only talking millimeters to make it fit but it takes many hours to get the millimetres off the entire diameter of the inner of the shroud.
Hope to be at a point to start engine in about 2 weeks.
This was the first time i have ever used an engine leveler and its a great tool to have. Made it very easy to fit engine and trans together, and my trusty forklift the best tool ever!
Name:  P1000779.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  P1000780.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  P1000782.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  P1000784.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  54.6 KB

Find this Ad annoying? Want it removed? Then register now!.. It's FREE! Click HERE.