I wasn't comfortable with these panels being disconnected, so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. I made a sandwich panel which went up behind the pitted floor area which would allow me to weld the holes in the thinned metal. This would also tie the bottom of the body mount support to the rest of the floor as it should have been when it was repaired!
This little panel slid behind the rust holes and let me weld them up fully.
Cleaned up as best as I could without getting a grinder in there. At lest it looks better than the repair job on the floor pans which I inherited... although that's not too hard
Go the whole body and frame up on the hoist to do the under-floor work... I can see this is going to make my life easier in the future doing a lot more work underneath.
Got some firewall patching, passenger floor and cowl 'cheek' repair to come next.