US MUSCLE

US MUSCLE (http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Back seat removal (http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=27967)

69coupe 06-06-2019 10:44 AM

Back seat removal
 
Any clues or tricks in removing the back seat in a first gen? I tried pushing down and up to no avail. I need to get to the seat belt bolts to install a full harness belt
Got to be a easy way ??

imamutant 06-06-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69coupe (Post 204291)
Any clues or tricks in removing the back seat in a first gen? I tried pushing down and up to no avail. I need to get to the seat belt bolts to install a full harness belt
Got to be a easy way ??

I use a long open ended spanner under the seat and push the wire frame out the clips pretty easy on bottom half.

RAW454 06-06-2019 01:23 PM

The bottom cushion has a metal catch underneath with a back facing notch. You have to sit on the cushion or push down on it very hard and then at the same time, push the cushion toward the back of the car, that should release the catch. Same procedure to re-install it.

Or hammer method
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3wbv7_He2Q

Frenchy666 07-06-2019 09:24 AM

easier with front seats out too, kind of have to push down on the seat cushion then use your knee to push the base backwards towards rear of car. do it without swearing or sweating and you win a medal....

Angry 08-06-2019 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchy666 (Post 204295)
easier with front seats out too, kind of have to push down on the seat cushion then use your knee to push the base backwards towards rear of car. do it without swearing or sweating and you win a medal....

Failed winning a $%#^&^%# !!! n=medal several times.... tried a long open ender,...that worked,....

Now It takes me about 3 goes,...use your knee ...........

on Left side of car ,...fold front seat forward,..crouch down on floor behind seat ...face right hand side of car,..use right knee against front edge of back seat n push down with right hand on seat push against seat with right knee,...

Reverse for other side

Frenchy666 08-06-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry (Post 204296)
Failed winning a $%#^&^%# !!! n=medal several times.... tried a long open ender,...that worked,....

Now It takes me about 3 goes,...use your knee ...........

on Left side of car ,...fold front seat forward,..crouch down on floor behind seat ...face right hand side of car,..use right knee against front edge of back seat n push down with right hand on seat push against seat with right knee,...

Reverse for other side

Al, i don't think anyone has won that medal mate, it has cobwebs and dust on it still, ha ha


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger