US MUSCLE

US MUSCLE (http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/index.php)
-   Build Ups (http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   71 RS Finally! (http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=11892)

smithy71RS 15-01-2014 10:35 PM

Atwell, still a southern man lyndsay.

69SS 15-01-2014 11:25 PM

Sweet looking forward to the 7 coming togther. Or apart as Greg said! Just watch out for those plasma cutters ;)

Ranga350 16-01-2014 04:03 PM

Great to see you back in the mix Chris.
Obviously into it with gusto.
Were you there helping with the panel work or were the panel-beaters taking the pics? In which case they must be great blokes for keeping your thread going. haha

smithy71RS 16-01-2014 09:08 PM

Cheers Lyns, yes lots of cutting yet to do, just waiting on the inner guard to arrive so the quarter can go on then out comes the boot floor and rear valance. Yeah Pete it's been a long time coming, very frustrating watching all the builds around the country going on while mine sat for 7 years, I would like nothing better to get it and have a crack but not enough hours in the day I'm afraid and also lacking a sizeable shed, panel guys taking all the pics, left them a camera and said go hard, let them know today that there handy work is on public display, that should keep them honest ha. After the work I,ve seen on Greg car and mine so far very happy with the effort these guys put in.

Ranga350 17-01-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithy71RS (Post 141587)
Yeah Pete it's been a long time coming, very frustrating watching all the builds around the country going on while mine sat for 7 years, I would like nothing better to get it and have a crack but not enough hours in the day I'm afraid and also lacking a sizeable shed, panel guys taking all the pics, left them a camera and said go hard, let them know today that there handy work is on public display, that should keep them honest ha. After the work I,ve seen on Greg car and mine so far very happy with the effort these guys put in.

Well thats a fantastic effort on their behalf, should be good advertising for them.
I'm sure you'll be happy to see progress of any sort after that long, mine sat 10 months and damn near killed me, now i'm spewing its too bloody hot to work on it!!
Well i hope it all goes well Chris.

smithy71RS 20-01-2014 09:54 PM

Cheers Pete, was contacted by FedEx today, they have lost one of my rims and won't release the others until all four are there, so much for paying extra to air freight them over, hopefully it will turn up so I can get them down to the panel shop for a test fit. Still waiting on my inner guard from NSW, 7 days now!

smithy71RS 22-01-2014 06:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Bit more progress in the last fews days, left quarter done, now into to DSE deep tub. The right inner guard turned up today so hopefully the right quarter will be on by the end of the week. Fedex also advised they found my other wheel ( still in US ) so all round shaping up to be a good week.
Attachment 25466

Attachment 25467

Attachment 25468

Attachment 25469

Attachment 25470

smithy71RS 25-01-2014 10:04 AM

No more progress this week, the guy working on the car stepped off a ladder and split his knee cap, ouch! That would bring a tear to your eye!
Turns out the missing wheel is in Memphis, pass on how that happened.

smithy71RS 24-02-2014 10:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Still no progress to report on the body, no matter though as i submitted the plans for the new man cave to the council today, hopefully i'll time it right to have it ready for the camaro's arrival home. My wheels arrived the other week, a slight mixup with the tyres re for sale add but very happy. A bit nervious at the tyre shop today taking the tyres off but all good. New tyres are on there way once the tranny purchase is finalised.

Attachment 26159

Attachment 26160

Attachment 26161

Gambit 25-02-2014 06:58 AM

Looking great! Nice choice in wheels. What size did you go for? Looks nearly identical to mine except for the bolts showing.
Bet you're glad it's all slowly coming together

smithy71RS 27-02-2014 05:41 PM

Cheers Nathan, these are the rears, 18x11's with 6 3/4 backspace, the centres are the shallow style which is only 2 inches deep compared to the normal 3 inches, this helps with deeper lip look.
Front are 18x8's with a 4.75 backspace. Absolutely re coming together, all the rest of the bits should arrive in about 2 weeks so i'm hoping to make some real progress.

69SS 27-02-2014 10:34 PM

Hey Chris, looks great mate, who'd you order your wheels though?

What size rear rubber did you go for as well?

Cheers, Lyndsay

Lucky Phil 28-02-2014 02:51 PM

Chris your doing some really nice work there...
Like the others have said love the wheels,
your cars gonna look super slick...

Cheers Phil

Gambit 28-02-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithy71RS (Post 144188)
Cheers Nathan, these are the rears, 18x11's with 6 3/4 backspace, the centres are the shallow style which is only 2 inches deep compared to the normal 3 inches, this helps with deeper lip look.
Front are 18x8's with a 4.75 backspace. Absolutely re coming together, all the rest of the bits should arrive in about 2 weeks so i'm hoping to make some real progress.

Same sizes I've used, just different back spacing. Bring on 2 weeks time then! These 2nd gens are really growing on me

RAW454 28-02-2014 10:27 PM

Wow - Stunning wheels Chris. Gonna look badass on the Gen2. Good luck with progress on the rest :)