PDA

View Full Version : How to get over the Hurt....

SirGeo
01-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Well today I was pointed to a car I built a few yeras ago, that has turned up smashed... I am truly shattered... It honestly hurts inside :(

I know it's not a US car, and allot of people won't understand why i care so much.. but I spent a good 5 years of my life building this... i did everything except putting the final coat of paint on.. i bare metalled it, prepped it, built the motor etc..
And all this while i was still going to UNI.. i worked so hard for every cent i spent on it...

Anyway here's the link for the pickles auction....

http://www.picklesauctions.com.au/servlet/Auction/VehicleDetail?item_id=502032687

I know it's only a VL Calais Turbo.. but it was mine..

I had sold it to a guy in adelaide about 2 years ago to help fund my camaro.. so i can't say it didn't go to a good cause.. but still....

This is what it looked like before..

(and it's all genuine HDT Director bodykit parts)

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/sirgeo/ethnic1.jpg

If i'm like this with a VL whats going to ever happen if something happens to my Camaro? i get touchy now when i accidently put a scratch in the undercoat :p

Anyone else had something like this happen? one of your projects destroyed?

And yes i still own those plates.. might make it onto another car one day.. :D

A few more pics attached from just before i sold it...

EAT-30T
02-03-2007, 08:47 AM
That is one nice machine:)

What do they want for it at auction??? buy it back maybe???

I know it's a shame I look at the calais I sold bit over a year ago and it looks like sh*t now.........

What can you do?

SirGeo
02-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Well apprently the guy that owned said there was a mistake with the insurance company and he had actually bought the wreck, so it's no longer for auction..

Yesterday I organised with the auction house to make a phone bid but i spoke to a few people and they said the price could range anywhere from 4K-7K, as turbo vl's in any condition are hard to come by in SA... which i find strange as they are so close to melbourne (8 hour drive max)

Anyway, i think it's a structural right off anyway.. Wheel went through the firewall into the cabin :eek::eek: , and chassi is bent, so it's only good for parts.. :(

Ah well... a few bits like director bodykit parts are shattered, and you can't buy them anywhere.. I would have bought it and it would just collect dust as a wreck..

Well atleast 1 of my other cars i've built are still alive... i might have to hunt it down and see how it surviving.. hope hes taken better care of that.. :)

EAT-30T
02-03-2007, 11:20 AM
alot of money for a wreck!

MrVette
03-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Thats a shame.
But it is only a commodore, and you have moved on to better things.

Even if it is only to a Camaro. :p

SirGeo
05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
...you have moved on to better things.

Thats what i keep trying to tell myself :)

Better, but more expensive :p