PDA

View Full Version : Don't know about you but.....

EAT-30T
22-08-2007, 04:48 PM
This pisses me off....

You win something on ebay (overseas) Its a rather small item and you know it aint going to cost much to ship over cos you buy stuff all the time..... WRONG they jack you up the ass !! :o Something you know would usually cost $20-30 no more they are hitting you up with $65 and sh*t..... man that annoys me!!!

People must think were stupid???? :rolleyes:

Anyone else cop this sh*t

69camaro
22-08-2007, 05:15 PM

Yep.... last week! I wanted to buy this chev cross flag emblem. Its a little aluminium disk that you could slip into a normal letter envelope. It was only about $5 and he wanted $17 shipping :eek: . I ended up getting two of them from another guy and he shipped them both for $5.99....

I should add, the first guy gave me some **** and bull story about USPS prices going up since 9-11.......................

EAT-30T
22-08-2007, 07:22 PM
LOL yup spot on......

The more annoying thing is I have in the past I have let them do it to me only to get the parcel here with the actual cost on it and its more than helf of what you got charged....

This time round I won the shock plates I needed for $5 and he was trying to charge me $65USD shipping:rolleyes:

I told him nevermind just send it to my friends house and I'll take it from there:p

rodent
22-08-2007, 08:25 PM

I used to.........................

EAT-30T
22-08-2007, 09:26 PM
I used to.........................

Me too.... thats what I'm sayin Jim..... these guys must think were stupid down here.....

I thought "hell I'll ask just in case" Well low and behold......:p :rolleyes: :confused: :( :mad:

I have a full on deadenbear powerglide at my mates house that I am bringing over for my mate here in a couple of weeks so I just got em sent there...and he can throw em in the box for me! No charge... cant beat that :)

Plus I have excellent shipping rates through our shop and we have a few U.S. Suppliers That I regularly ship from..also if Im not in a hurry I can ship a complete motor for nothing if I wanted but thats not the point!

My point is Why do some people have to be such dishonest bastards!! :confused: I'll pay for shipping if its the "actual" Price!!! No worries

SirGeo
23-08-2007, 04:28 PM
It's not just people in the states that bump up prices... i know people in her in Aus do that a fair bit too.. it sh|ts me.. especially when you get the package and as you said it states how much they paid for it.. yeah fair enough if it cost them $3.50 and they charge $5.. but i've had people charge $10+ and the costing is only $2.00.. and packaging is just something they had lying around....

They do it very slyly too.. have a cheap by it now price or start it dirt cheap.. but they make their money back through shipping...