PDA

View Full Version : New member with 68 camaro

*rayman*
07-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi all, i stumbled on the site, thinking americanmuscle.com.au would be a great site for me to start a forum of my own to track progress of my build, and love for american muscle. Looks like you guys thought the same thing, it suits me fine, i dont have to administer it myself. :P

Anyways, i have a Factory BB SS 68 camaro, will post up build progress etc in the build section soon. I'm converting to RS front, and a few other goodies.

I will spread the word about the site, and can probably get some new members to sign up with some cool cars.

Here's a list of some details about my car:

68 Factory SS 396.
Now fitted with 454/T350
(Team-g manifold, 800 holley, pacemaker 4-1 extractors, K&N 14x5")
Factory 12 Bolt
18x8,9" Boyd Coddington Osiris Billets
Desert Cooler Radiator
New Interior Kit, billet accessory's to break it up a bit
B&M Street Bandit shifter
Full Ultralite Autometer Dash setup (Electronic speedo, & memory recall tach, oil, water, fuel)
RS front and rear conversion

So there we go, this site now has builds happening of every year from the first gen camaros.

Chasing a 2" or 4" cowl hood if anyone has one?

EAT-30T
07-12-2006, 09:38 PM
sounds the goods!

I had a 2" Goodmark cowl hood a few months back new in packagin........ damn

where you located?

*rayman*
07-12-2006, 10:00 PM
That's the prob, I'm in north Qld... and it costs me a fortune to post anything up.

epitaph
08-12-2006, 11:11 AM
i have a four inch fibreglass cowl scoop if that will do the job? :p

*rayman*
08-12-2006, 10:38 PM
how much you chasing for it mate? is it hinge or pin type?

here's an early shot of my girl:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3373/image3at7.jpg

SirGeo
10-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Welcome.. and very nice, wouldn't mind seeing a few pics of your dash set-up and build progress.
Looks like you started with a fairly clean and straight example....

How does the 454 fit in the bay once everything is hooked up? i'm struggling to see how mines all gonna sit with exh.manifold etc.. it's gonna be a tight fit... And not many shelf items for RHD...

And whats shipping cost from the souther states to N.QLD? it can't possibly be that expoensive...

I"ll PM you a number, if this guy can't get one sent to you, i'm sure he knows someone that can...

*rayman*
10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Seems to be plenty of room with the big block in there. It's a factory big block car, the steering conversion was done when i got the car, (yet to get it engineered though)

The chassis has been notched to accept the steering box, it appears to be a hq type steering box maybe? I'm using pacemaker 4-1 extractors, BB into HQ, and they seem to fit quite nicely. Not a lot of room, but still a nice fit. Wiper motor fouls on valve covers, dunno what to do about that.

Yes car is very solid, no floor sections ever replaced etc, no rust in the entire car. It's completely sitting in etch at the moment, and will be home from the panel beaters sometime this week.

I'm converting to RS front, (geez, that something i would probably not do again if there is a next time, turns out rather expensive).

I have a few spares I will be selling soon, when i know what i will and wont be using. Some of the list includes:

- Sill repair section about 2 foot long
- Standard RHS front guard
- Standard valance panel
- New black carpet
- Brand new front seat covers
- Brand new RHS lower front guard extension
- Brand new RS headlight doors
- Maybe a set of bumpers

So if you want any of that stuff, i'll give you first preference before it goes on ebay.

SirGeo
11-12-2006, 02:23 PM
i was told the RS conversion was a relativly simple process, and just needed to fork over the $1000'ish and it' was a direct fit, everything included?

and the guard.. 68' i assume, so the blinkers are cut out yeah? and valance panel is it the lower or upper?.. if the lower, does it have the holes for the lower lights?

*rayman*
11-12-2006, 06:00 PM
i was told the RS conversion was a relativly simple process, and just needed to fork over the $1000'ish and it' was a direct fit, everything included?

and the guard.. 68' i assume, so the blinkers are cut out yeah? and valance panel is it the lower or upper?.. if the lower, does it have the holes for the lower lights?

Yeah, the RS convesion seems straight forward enough, but its costing a fair bit. I got a good deal on the headlight doors and grill, but the rest of the peices required to convert are adding up quickly. I have a spare set of all black RS doors for sale soon too. I think i'll run the ones with the chrome trim.

The valance doesn't have the holes for park lights, thats why i'm selling it. I bought a new one with the park light holes.

The guard is a 68 guard, so yes it does have the side indicator hole.