View Full Version : Long rego inspection

12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Ha has anyone had a long rego inspection ? . I just had a beauty 3 hours waiting. I live in the ACT and for import or first time rego you have to make a appointment at a govt run inpection station. Mine was 10:30 Tuesday, so i turned up a little early, then rolled in payed my money and the fun started a bit like seaworld. They couldnt agree on anything ( all 4 inspectors )and didnt know much about the car. finally after a little over 2.5 hours of sitting and waiting one guy comes down and pretty soughted it out in 25 minutes. How frustrating and then i get a few things fixed and go to pay for it and no one knew the tare weight of a 69 camaro so go away and we will call you when we find out. So this afternoon i get a call and finally its Registered YEAH.

13-07-2007, 08:39 AM
What was the problems :( I am intersted, as getting reg is close for me

13-07-2007, 09:41 AM
What if you went with all the info ready? I know it doesn't really compare, but for my commodore because of the kit I had on it (covering the wheels, kind of like rear spats) I knew I'd have problems, took in a Holden HDT book showing all the stats and info and they let me re-register no problems... In saying that can't you take a Chev book with Camaro stats as back up?

P.S. Did they offer you a coffee :p

13-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh sounds like I'm in for a good time..... Everytime the RTA see's my melon its like they know its their job to screw me over

14-07-2007, 09:25 PM
From what i could make out they just had no information, what was standard or modified and were just guessing. Originally at first they had a problem with no left hand drive sticker on the back of the car and then they didnt know what size or where to put it, the speedo was at one stage was going to have to be changed to kilometres from miles, the chrome ss ornaments on the bonnet couldnt stay chrome would have to be painted, had no tire specs so didnt know if my wheels were to big or small, the chassis connectors where going to need an engineers certificate. The list goes on all 36 items of which in the end i only had to repair 6, alot of it was rectified at the test station but took alot of questioning on my behalf to get checked or clarified. There was also alot of little things like a passenger side mirror needed to be fitted, and reverse lights installed as mine was an early 69 and no wiring running to my gearbox. I would suggest taking a ton of specs and information with you and check with your local authorities on what modifications require engineers reports and get it all done before you go. Also dont be afraid to question the test report i did and it saved me time and money. I took my work truck over the same test station 2 years ago and is a lemon and passed in about 10 minutes, some times i think they just wait for that one car to really make there day.