View Full Version : C-Guard

27-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Ok, been trying to find more info on this stuff (sorry it's just me, i spend all day infront of a PC so i need something to do) as i was hoping to spray under the car with it tommorow (saturday)...

Maybee someone who has used it before can explain something to me..

Is it just a "chip & corrosion" preventor? do i need to coat over it once it's on? and what is the finish the like? I see from Kurt's pics it has a bit of a semi-gloss finish does it stay like that?

28-10-2006, 11:02 AM

It looks as though you've already sealed the bare metal on the floors and tubs ETC just spray C- gaurd right over that............... there are other ones you can paint over I'd have to ask Neil but Im pretty sure thats stonegaurd bit different and chemical based. (I'll be using that on my rockers and then painting over )

Yeah as per my car it stays satin black finish;)

Stick with C gaurd! The K&H one just grab yourselves about 2 one litre pots and then you'll need the gun to spray it (about $30~) make sure you mask up hey? LOL It goes where ever it feels like

29-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks for that.. yeah i'll pick up a few litres and do it this week sometime..

01-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Well i picked up the 2 x 1 litres of the Solvent bassed C-Guard and a gun.. all up cost me about $45 (trade).. was going to spray it this afternoon.. but realised i didn't have the right hose fitting spare :( will have to wait till friday arvo...

12-11-2006, 08:59 AM
dam ur moven along pritty quick it will be finnished in no time at the rate ur going:) u can paint over C-Guard but it looks pritty nice as is its like a semi gloss finish it depends where u use it were going to use a lighter texture stone guard on the bottom half of the sills wich will be painted over what was the reason that u picked the solvent bassed C-Guard over the water bassed? the C-Guard s**t flys every where man make sure u have every thing masked lol i was at work once and someone decided they would stuff up the gun and not tell anyone that the trigger was stuck on so along comes me and conects the air line along side a car and sprayed up the side of it lucky it was only a ford lol it all came off tho:p.... good luck man cant wait to see more pics:) :)