PDA

View Full Version : brake help

rambler
03-10-2006, 07:56 PM
im in a very long/slow process of restoring my '66 AMC rambler , and one of the main things im stuck with is finding brakes for it.

i mean the brakes on it are re-useable but its brake pads that im stumped with.

i can get some re-bonded to the original backing of the pad but i dont like the idea.

im not going an aftermarket setup.

i can also interchange between the classic (my model) and other models hornet and rebel etc , but even that im finding it hard to find parts.

if anyone across aussie can help , or know helpful american sites , id appreciate it.

cheers

andrew

EAT-30T
04-10-2006, 10:29 AM
im in a very long/slow process of restoring my '66 AMC rambler , and one of the main things im stuck with is finding brakes for it.

i mean the brakes on it are re-useable but its brake pads that im stumped with.

i can get some re-bonded to the original backing of the pad but i dont like the idea.

im not going an aftermarket setup.

i can also interchange between the classic (my model) and other models hornet and rebel etc , but even that im finding it hard to find parts.

if anyone across aussie can help , or know helpful american sites , id appreciate it.

cheers

andrew

They can be re bonded it takes a few days from what I'm told.. not sure of cost though?

where are you locateD?

rambler
10-10-2006, 08:26 PM
They can be re bonded it takes a few days from what I'm told.. not sure of cost though?

where are you locateD?

im in brisbane , im OVL087 off the vl forums :)

if i have to get them bonded then i will.

epitaph
11-10-2006, 03:25 PM
im in brisbane , im gay :)

You can say that again!

SteveO
12-10-2006, 10:50 AM
There is a bloke down in Hawthorn in Melb that does a lot of these sorts of rarer models. My old man Is heading down there in the next week or so as he has just started a resto on a 63 S series Valiant so I'll get some contact details for you if I can!

rambler
14-10-2006, 01:34 PM
if u could thatd be great steve