View Full Version : Brake Booster diameter.

05-06-2007, 02:43 PM
What is the ideal booster diameter...

I have an option of 7", 8", 9" and 11", i know it all plays into how much vacuum you have, the larger the more vacuum (theoretically).. But i know you can get electronic pumps to boost the vacuum which should allow you to run a smaller booster..

So really the only reason why you would get a smaller booster is so it can fit better, but would i be wasting my time with an electric pump for a smaller one? does anyone run one? I know i'm not going to get much vacuum with a bigblock..

05-06-2007, 03:34 PM
If room is an issue consider one of these ....

05-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm going the Hydratech route...actually was looking to "flip it" and do the MS and booster under the dash but it's just all getting too hard with fluid filling etc so the only thing on my firewall with be a Hydroboost and a MS

05-06-2007, 04:03 PM
nice.. but my budget is restrictive :p

Room isn't really an "issue" at least not that i know yet.. i haven’t started putting anything together yet.. but i don't foresee it being too much of a problem.. just a smaller booster will look better and make sure i don't have a room issue :p

And from what i've been looking at the smaller boosters are deeper.. i think... or am i tripping?

06-06-2007, 10:57 AM
well i ended up going with a 11" booster. i figure i can always change it later on to something smaller...