PDA

View Full Version : Started the convertion

chevy68
13-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi guys.... thought I had to get this on the go..... seeing all your pic's got me going an after looking at what pic's steve had up of his 67 with the conversion I got myself a few wild turkys the 4" grinder an got to work on the conversion....to right hand hook....
Pic of Camaro when I got it home.........looks like :eek:
So heres some pic's of where Im upto so for from starting yesterday
Hope to be getting the new floor pan an boot ban at end of the month from the states

chevy68
13-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Will work it out soon .....

muggz
13-05-2007, 10:57 PM
nice work!... is it possible you can get some inside shots as well as pics of the front of firewall... just seeing how you got around the conversion.. ill be fabricating a whole new firewall (up to the spot welds) with a custom heater unit on the LHS.... whats the engine and gearbox combo u intend to run?

SirGeo
14-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Looking good so far.. what steering set-up are you going to use?

And i took some photo's of my conversion from the back, but i left the camera at the shop.. i'll be going around on wednesday to pick it up.. anything you need a pic of while i'm there :p

Steve.

chevy68
14-05-2007, 06:46 PM
nice work!... is it possible you can get some inside shots as well as pics of the front of firewall... just seeing how you got around the conversion.. ill be fabricating a whole new firewall (up to the spot welds) with a custom heater unit on the LHS.... whats the engine and gearbox combo u intend to run?

Hi Muggz will try to get some pic's for you but am haven a bit of a prob posting them ..... keeps tell me the files to big but will try....but from the work Iv seen that you have done to yours it want be a prob for you its just sit back an look an get the tap out an mesure it up.. Im also going to do away with the original heater an putting in an after maket 1.
As to motor an box Im going to run is one I have in my ute that I use for the drags.... its 350 with dart heads putting out just over the 400hp an the box is a full manual shift t400 with a ford 9".

Cheers

Marty

chevy68
14-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Looking good so far.. what steering set-up are you going to use?

And i took some photo's of my conversion from the back, but i left the camera at the shop.. i'll be going around on wednesday to pick it up.. anything you need a pic of while i'm there :p

Steve.

Hi Steve with the steering Im going rack an pinnuon and going to change it from drum to disk .... but just looking round at my options for disk breaks..

Marty

chevy68
10-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Well finaly got the floor an boot pan friday ......:) been hard at it they are now in an only some welding left to do.....so here are some pic's:D

muggz
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM
looking good mate!! floor is so clean you can eat off it? :D

SirGeo
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Floor looks good.. how was the fit? much trouble lining everything up?

And sorry it took so long, but here's some of my dash conversion pics...
LINK TO FOLDER (http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/../SirGeo/Camaro/Camaro%20RHD%20DASH%20Mid%2007/)

I have bigger pics of all if you need any...

chevy68
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Floor looks good.. how was the fit? much trouble lining everything up?

And sorry it took so long, but here's some of my dash conversion pics...
LINK TO FOLDER (http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/../SirGeo/Camaro/Camaro%20RHD%20DASH%20Mid%2007/)

I have bigger pics of all if you need any...

HI Steve
Floor pan went in gr8 lined up well.... went in easyer than I thought it would and Im real happy with it:D .....
Thanks for your pic's of your convertion looks good....... the only thing is the way the gauge panel looks it looks out of line an that was the thing I found when I done mine but its only tacked in at the momment an I going to try to work out if I can get it to line up better...... but am happy with the way the glovebox went in.
What are you going to do for your brake an boster bracket that bolts in with steering colem under the dash???

SirGeo
12-06-2007, 07:38 PM
with the guages in when i was test fitting it all looks fine.. in that pic it does look a bit slanted.. i can't take pics :p

What are you going to do for your brake an boster bracket that bolts in with steering colem under the dash???

I'm not that far ahead yet :p so i'm not going to stress yet...

chevy68
01-07-2007, 07:35 PM
With haven a bit of rust round the outer wheel wells I thought I would put new ones in befor putting on the new quarters thinking it wouldnt take much :eek: when I got down to it all found out if you going to do the outers you have to do the inners to ......have got it all under controll now after taken out the inners as the have to be fitted to the outers befor you can put them in ......... so heres some more pic's of what I was upto today

cluxford
01-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Great progress

EAT-30T
02-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Gonna mini tub it while your at it? :D

SirGeo
02-07-2007, 11:26 AM
lol, ya might aswell :p

looking good though.... did you find the replacement panels in stock anywhere?

chevy68
07-07-2007, 08:24 PM
lol, ya might aswell :p

looking good though.... did you find the replacement panels in stock anywhere?

Hi stev

Had the outer wheel arches bought in when I got the floor an boot pan....
The quarters an back tail light panel Im getting from melb..... they are in stock an think I will be saven myself heaps :D .......

Oh an by the way yours is looking grate .... doing a top job keep it going ;)

chevy68
08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Been at it again this weekend...been getting ready for the new quarters to go on ........ bit more grinding an cleaning up an paint ready for the new quarter's to go on when I get them next week:D

SirGeo
09-07-2007, 08:07 PM
so the only panel you are leaving i the roof :p

Looking good. Seems everything is fitting up nicely...

Not tempted to tub while you are at this stage?

chevy68
09-07-2007, 08:50 PM
so the only panel you are leaving i the roof :p

Looking good. Seems everything is fitting up nicely...

Not tempted to tub while you are at this stage?

:rolleyes: nope the roof is going to be replaced too :D

Everything is going together with out much of a prob.....
I did deside if there was rust in any panels that I would replace them as I rebuilt to many cars and where I live have seen the rust come back an I dont want that with the camaro ..

chevy68
14-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Started a weeks holidays on friday:D .....
Well guys with a great understanding lady was able to get out an work on the car after work through this week getting ready to trial fit me new panels:D :D
Got some pic's an is coming up a treat :D
:D :D :D

SirGeo
16-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Looks good.. Goodmark outer guards?

chevy68
18-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Its been some time since I last posted.. wont say why but Im on my own now and can go full on with the camaro ... have some new pic's of the work that I will post soon ... :D

chevy68
22-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Well like I have said it been some time since I been working on the old girl as you can see from the dust still on the car ... but as ya can see there has been some work done ... Im now just waiting for some new parts to turn up and they should be here in the next few weeks... then can get back to work on getting the body ready to go on a rotisory to get the under body done ready...

camaro_1967rs
27-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Great progress.

I am in the process of installing the astro balls have the whole kit and all the plumbing but I need templates for the location each side of the dash. I notice your dash has the holes, is it possible that I got some location templates for the main hole and the button hole off you? Paul

chevy68
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Great progress.

I am in the process of installing the astro balls have the whole kit and all the plumbing but I need templates for the location each side of the dash. I notice your dash has the holes, is it possible that I got some location templates for the main hole and the button hole off you? Paul

Hi Paul thats not a prob can make up templates for you just let me know where you want me to send them talk to you soon..

chevy68
11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Thought well I gone this far with the camaro and could see there was rust inside the bottom of the door and have put new skins on here is more pic's of where Im upto

AUSCAMARO
11-10-2008, 10:18 PM
MAN........ your a crazy mofo!

This build up is insane... :eek:

I sincerely hope I don't have to go through what you are....

Atleast your car is going to be like it just come off the showroom though.

I have alot respect for someone that has the ability that you do...

Mitch