PDA

View Full Version : US car pricing trend

69coupe
27-03-2007, 08:32 AM
A Falcon GTHO Phase 3 sold at Auction yesterday for A$683,000 :eek:
With Aust Muscle cars going crazy can we expect our US cars to go thru the roof as well :confused:
With the local cars beyond most people maybe collectors will turn to US Musclecars :)

EAT-30T
27-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Aussie muscle cars only scrape the bottom of the barrel compared to some of the american stuff....

Carrol Shelby's 427 Cobra went for U.S. $5.5M recently! :eek:

I have been watching the market the last few years and it seems the U.S. muscle is going up nice and steadily! It's certainly not showing any signs of dropping off! Once the prices go up I doubt they will ever go down! They may slow up some but hey that has to happen!

Kurt

BTW what auction or where did that GT sell?

69coupe
27-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Aussie muscle cars only scrape the bottom of the barrel compared to some of the american stuff....

Carrol Shelby's 427 Cobra went for U.S. $5.5M recently! :eek:

I have been watching the market the last few years and it seems the U.S. muscle is going up nice and steadily! It's certainly not showing any signs of dropping off! Once the prices go up I doubt they will ever go down! They may slow up some but hey that has to happen!

Kurt

BTW what auction or where did that GT sell?

Kurt
Was sold at "Classis Cars Auction" in Melbourne. A guy who owns a House removal company from QLD bought it

SirGeo
27-03-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.australianmusclecarsales.com.au/muscle/89929

There is the sale ad...

My 2 cents... it's just the rare aussie muscle car that commands the high price.. but still avaraging them all, they do all get some good figures, they are becoming good investments. for the people that got in early...

But as Kurt said, the rare US car sells allot more than that... I'd still rather put my money in a US car...

In saying that.. i've been looking for a HK monaro for my old man for about 4-5 years now.. and they have increased from 4K for a rusted shell to the nearly identical thing going for about 12K now...

MrVette
28-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I saw this on another site, and was shocked.
I remember passing up the chance to get a genuine PhaseII while i was growing up, i think i bought a torrana instead. Wish i bought the GT now.

BillyB
28-03-2007, 05:52 PM
ooooooowwhh, you pasted up a phase2 for a torana...three times as bad as a kick in the nuts...the thing is, i know a few people with stories of missed opportunities with cars, but the thing is, would've you have hung onto the car also, to eventually make big bucks on it...or continuously move on to different cars every few years…